Friday, August 17, 2007

Decorating is somewhat fun and time consuming.

I had about 2 days to pick out tile and a cabinet color for the kitchen and bathroom tile. I should have been thinking about this for awhile, but I didn't. Anyway, I knew what color I wanted the cabinets to be, in my head. So I went to the antique shop next to City Salvage, and found this vase to base things off of . . .


Then I was looking at the City Pages whilst drinking coffee, and happened upon a Crafty Planet ad (www.craftyplanet.com), took the vase there, and found these awesome retro fabrics, then took the fabrics to the tile store, and within 5 minutes had found the tile for my backsplash . . .



I guess Amy Butler is really huge right now -- she's like a cool Laura Ashley -- here's a design by her. . .


And in some light, this tile matches the sink


If only life were really this easy.

No comments: