Friday, August 17, 2007

The Blues . . .

In trying to find a matching color for the blue sink, I am at a loss! It is the weirdest blue. I have a whole Benjamin Moore color chip book, and cannot find a color that even remotely resembles it. Oh well. I guess I'll paint the tub black instead.
Here's what it looked like at the salvage place . . .

And here's what it looks like at night at my place . . .

I called a salvage dude that has a bunch of blue sinks, and he said that there are a ton of different blue colors they used. I determined it's a Standard Sanitary Mfg Co. sink from before 1935, when American Radiator and Standard Sanitary merged and became American Standard. I did a web search for porcelain colors from then, and came up with nothing. Oh well. I need to stop obsessing about it. Now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.