Friday, October 26, 2007

Painter Woes

The painting started Monday. All that has to be donne is the woodwork in the bathroom and kitchen. I was afraid to do it myself. I can do walls, but have never done woodwork and didn't want to screw it up. Well, the company my contractor hired is pissing me off. You'd think it would be an in and out job, nothing too complicated, just some stain and white paint, right? Monday they called in sick. Tuesday they taped every last little screw in the wall and put paper all over the floors -- I was so happy to get rid of the flipping construction paper just a week ago I almost screamed when I saw my beautiful bathroom covered in it again. I work from home sometimes, and noticed the guy looking busy, but not actually doing anything. He managed to prime 3 drawers in 8 hours Wednesday. Thursday they painted the wrong color on the woodwork and had to come fix it until 7:30 at night. And right now, as I'm sitting here, the painter hasn't touched the bathroom and has been talking on the phone for 2 hours. I told my contractor if they don't finish today I'll do it myself this weekend. AHHHHHH!!!!

No comments: